State level Conference
Friday January 22, 2016
State level Conference
‘Creating a livable planet’
(Under Quality Improvement Programme of Savitribai Phule Pune University)
22nd & 23rd January, 2016
The concept of livable Planet encompasses the measure of the earth’s potential to develop and sustain life. In 1920s, Vladimir Vernadsky, Russian Scientist, coined a term biosphere which refers to one global ecological system in which all living things are interdependent eg. the food chain.
Environmental degradation or environmental crisis links with the lowering of environmental quality on local, regional and global scales by both natural resources and the activities of the species especially our civilization, occupying the habitat. Destabilization of eco system is brought up by the natural hazards especially man oriented activities.
As the degradation has reached its peak and repercussion are felt around the planet it is now the collective responsibility of us to examine ethical responsibility towards the environment. The purpose of the conference is to comprehend industry, educationist and NGOs perspectives and practices about the concept of ‘livable planet’ and to provide a platform for academician, industry experts, non-government organization, policy makers and young managers to deliberate on the concept of ‘livable planet’.
VIM invites Academicians, Research Scholars, Technical Experts, Practicing Professionals, Policy Makers, Entrepreneurs, and Engineering & Management Students for the State level Conference
|Abstract can be Submitted up to :
||29 December, 2015
|Intimation of acceptance of Abstract :
||4th January, 2016
|Submission of Full length Paper :
||14th January, 2016
|Last date of Registration :
||16th January, 2016
|Conference Dates :
||22nd & 23rd January, 2016
- Innovative financing tools
- Business models in sustainable world
- Indian values and ethics towards livable planet
- Education and skills for livable planet
- Corporate Governance for livable planet
- Balancing People Planet and Profit
- Innovative solutions from NGOs and smaller enterprises toward livable planet
- Entrepreneur ecosystems for livable planet
- Bottom of pyramid opportunities under livable planet
- Businesses for environmentally sensitive world
- Gandhian thought and livable planet
- Supply chain for a livable planet
- Redefining economic growth for a livable planet
- Corporate Governance problems for livable planet
- Code of ethics under livable planet
- Cultural challenges for livable planet
- Packaging for a livable planet
- Challenges in Consumer behavior
- Managing consumer expectations
- Integrated Marketing Communication for a livable planet
- Effective Message strategies for eco-friendly products
- Marketers connecting to consumer
- Tourism policy and marketing approaches
- Role of Social Media (Networks), Analytics and Cloud Computing
- Convergence and integration – Information and Communication Technologies
- Linkage of sustainability and “smart city”(inclusive and sustainable city)
- Modernization of Indian Railways
- Mission Clean Ganga
- Social entrepreneurship
- Economic Value Added (EVA) Approach for a sustainable world
- Financial Inclusion and Inclusive Growth – Linkages
- Financial Inclusion Disparities across States
- Rural Credit Scenario and Financial System
- Banking and Financial Inclusion
- Self Help Groups and Financial Inclusion
- Financial Inclusion and Livelihood
- Financial Inclusion and Marginalized Sections
- Financial Inclusion - Efforts and Impacts on all Sectors
Original contributions in form of Research Papers, Articles and Case Studies are invited on the following indicative areas any other areas relevant to the conference theme. This is an indicative list. Participants can choose any other topic which is not listed below but is relevant to the conference theme.
- Green Marketing
- Inclusive Marketing
- Effective tool for inclusive marketing
- Emerging business models for value creation
- Delivery a new systems vision for sustainable development
- Quantum leap for a livable planet
- Workforce optimization for sustainability
- Diversity for livable planet
- Inclusive leadership
- Managerial leadership and conflict management
- Investing in Social Responsibility - Risks and Opportunities
- Environmental reporting
- Financial performance for livable planet
- Social return on investment
- Eminent personalities from industry as well as academia shall share their thoughts on the theme and its relevance in managing sustainability.
- Panel Discussions: Elite panelists from diverse domains will share their experiences.
- Sessions by Industry Experts: Focus on strengthening industry- academia interface.
- Experts from various fields in industry shall speak on inclusive growth and managing sustainable
- Separate Track for Students: Participation is invited from PG students for paper/ essay competition. Students may contribute on any topic mentioned in the list.
GUIDELINES & FORMATTING :
- Abstract length should be between 400 to 500 words mentioning at least 3 keywords
- Paper must not be longer than 4000 words
- Author name should contain affiliation, and email address
- Correspondence will be addressed to the first author. Kindly mention contact nos. and email ids of all authors
- The paper in MS-Word doc / docx format
- Paper size: A4, Portrait
- Margins: 2.05 inches (top & bottom); 1.73 inches (left & right)
- Header: 0.5 "
- Footer: 0.5"
- Font face: Times New Roman
- Spacing : Double
Footnotes: The superscript numeral used to refer to a footnote appears in the text. Footnotes should appear at the bottom of the normal text area, with a line of about 5 cm set immediately above them.
DO NOT USE END NOTES.
Tables and Figures: The tables and figures should be numbered and must carry a caption. The figure and table number should be given in the corresponding text. Source should be explicitly mentioned for adapted or reproduced tables or figures.
Citations: APA Citation style must be followed for the references.
E-Submission: All manuscripts should be submitted through
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listed papers/contributions of only registered delegates shall be published with ISBN. In case of multiple authors, paper if get selected will be published in the proceedings provided all authors are registered.
Academicians / Research Scholars / Corporate Practitioners / Entrepreneurs / Engineering & Managements Students
PG Students: Rs. 200 / Research Scholars: Rs. 750 / Academicians: Rs. 750 / In absentia presentation: Rs 1000 / Industry Delegates: Rs 1500 (Registration Fees can be remitted through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Vishwakarma Institute of Management” payable at Pune For joint papers, each author will have to register separately.)
Shri. Rajkumar Agarwal, Chairman, BRACT
Mr. Bharat Agarwal, Managing Trustee, BRACT
Dr. Shailesh Kasande, Director, VIM
Dr. Mahesh Gadekar, Conference Convener , 9158511916